The International Labour Organisation (ILO) estimates that work-related accidents and illnesses annually take 2 million lives and cost the global economy an estimated US$1.25 thousand billion ($1.25 trillion).
The ILO also estimates that work-related illness and accidents cost between 2.6% and 3.8% of Gross Domestic Product in European Union.
Benefits of occupational hygiene
Good occupational hygiene benefits workers and industry alike. It results in:
- Improved occupational health and increased life expectancy
- Reduction in the number of people who must leave employment early through injury or illness
- Lower social and healthcare costs as well as maximizing worker potential
- More efficient working processes with technological improvements and increased productivity.
Occupational Hygiene Services provided by LCE Workplace Safety include assessments on:
- Chemical Hazards – Dust, silica, carcinogens like arsenic, toxins like lead, fibrous dusts and may other different hazardous chemical agents.
- Physical Hazards – Heat/cold, noise, hand and whole-body vibration
- Biological Hazards – Bacteria, fungi and viruses which can have numerous biological effects on workers such as irritation and infection that can result in specific occupational diseases.
Why choose LCE Workplace Safety for Occupational Hygiene Assessments?
LCE work in partnership with you, our client to benchmark your workplace against the current legal exposure limits and best practice. LCE are the professionals in assessing your requirements in terms of current occupational hygiene related legislation. Our specialist consultants have numerous years of practical experience working in this area to the highest standard.