ISO 45001 was published in March 2018, replacing BS OHSAS 18001, the internationally-applied British Standard for occupational safety and health management systems. It is risk-based and uses the familiar ‘plan-do-check-act’ approach, together with the high-level structure common to all new management system standards.
LCE Workplace Safety and an increasing number of organisations understand that good safety and health is more than a benefit to workers – it is a core business value and a cornerstone of a civilised society.
There is an increase in alignment between the various disciplines that apply and provides an opportunity for organisations applying such standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001) to integrate them, if they so wish.
Who needs ISO 45001 Certification?
Applying ISO 45001 and effectively managing occupational health and safety risks can assist any size organisation to:
- Minimise occupational health and safety risk (including risk to mental and physical health) to all those working on its behalf
- Improve its occupational health and safety performance continually
- Integrate occupational health and safety into its business management system and processes
- Ensure socially responsible and sustainable operations
- Enhance productivity and customer loyalty
- Improve reputation, reliability and business success
- Attract clients and investment
- Facilitate recruitment and retention of employees
- Ensure legal compliance as a minimum
- Reduce losses due to incidents and absence
- Reduce downtime and disruption to operations
- Reduce the cost of insurance premiums
ISO 45001 Services provided by LCE Workplace Safety include:
- ISO 45001 training for management and stakeholders
- Gap Analysis
- Advice, assistance and continual support with compliance
- Corrective and improvement actions
- Assistance with internal and external audits
- Preparation of documents and procedures
- Health & Safety Training