Slips, trips and falls approximately were reported in 2017
Slips, trips and falls are the second highest cause of workplace injury
People are injured in workplace slips, trips and falls every day
(Statistics obtained from the Health & Safety Authority in Ireland)
- Every working day seven people are hurt in workplace slips, trips and falls
- Every working day at least one person is so badly hurt that they miss over a month from work
- Slips, trips and falls are the second highest single cause of workplace injuries
- There were about 1,700 workplace slips, trips and falls reported in 2017
- A greater percentage of slips, trips and falls lead to over a month off work, compared to all other accidents
- Slips, Trips and Falls (STF) were the most common workplace accident type for the Injuries Board
- “Nearly 50% of all claims made against retailers are slips, trips and falls cases” (Retail Ireland)
- “Slips, trips and falls are the largest cause of accidents in all sectors … ” (European Agency for Safety and Health at Work
A low risk floor presents a 1:1 million chance of slipping
A high risk floor presents a 1:20 chance of slipping!
Why choose LCE Workplace Safety?
LCE will provided employers and business owners clear and concise advice in terms of slip testing. On completion of our slip resisting tests LCE will provide a full report of our findings detailing the risk of slipping on floor surfaces and detailed recommendations for risk reduction.
The Safety, Health and Welfare (General Application) Regulations require that floors of rooms shall not have dangerous bumps, holes or slopes and that they be fixed, stable and not slippery
LCE can carry out cost effective slip resistance measurements on the floors in your workplace.
The benefits of slip measurements include:
- Fewer slip related accidents
- Reduced absenteeism due to slips and falls
- Reduced risk of expensive court cases
- Legal compliance