The LCE Certificate in Practical Ergonomics course is aimed at professionals who need to develop their understanding of, and competence in, the practical application of ergonomics in the workplace, from risk assessment to accident investigation.
This 5 day course will give delegates the practical tools and know-how to apply the principles of Ergonomics and Human Factors in the workplace – reducing absenteeism due to musculoskeletal disorders and increasing productivity by optimising human performance.
On completion of the course delegates will:
- Be confident in how they can conduct a simple ergonomics survey
- Be armed with tools and techniques for evaluating the way people work
- Be able to apply ergonomics principles and assimilate these into prevailing policies and procedures
- Understand how to manage risks and realise the reasons that lead to the development of musculoskeletal injuries
- Work as part of an ergonomics improvement team which will safeguard better ergonomics throughout the workplace
- Be qualified as a VDU Assessor in office based workstation assessments