All our courses can be given in-house and can be specifically tailored to the requirements of each organisation
Participants who have completed this course will be able to:
• Ensure employees are aware of First Aid facilities and arrangements
• Provide the recognised Occupational First Aid systems in the workplace
• Implement essential life-saving skills
Who Should Attend:
Employees wishing to become Occupational First Aiders in the workplace. Successful participants are certified as Occupational First Aiders in accordance with current Health & Safety Legislation.
Occupational first aid training is required by law under The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 Chapter 2 Part 7.
The course is three days long including the examination. The Health and Safety Authority does not recognise any courses which are shorter than this. The Certificate is valid for 2 years from the date of the examination.
This course covers the following units:
• Unit 1 First aid in the workplace
• Unit 2 Patient assessment
• Unit 3 Respiratory emergencies
• Unit 4 Cardiac first response
• Unit 5 Wounds and bleeding
• Unit 6 Altered levels of consciousness
• Unit 7 Musculoskeletal injuries
• Unit 8 Burns and scalds, chemicals, electric shock
On conclusion of this course the delegates will be able to operate as the company’s Occupational First Aider. All successful delegates will receive a QQI Level 5 certificate.
This course is run over a three week period with an examination on the third day.
For further information, call us on 051 364344 or email info@LCE.ie