All our courses can be given in-house and can be specifically tailored to the requirements of each organisation
This 5 day course will give delegates the practical tools and know-how to apply the principles of Ergonomics and Human Factors in the workplace – reducing absenteeism due to musculoskeletal disorders and increasing productivity by optimising human performance.
The Certificate in Practical Ergonomics course is aimed at professionals who need to develop their understanding of, and competence in, the practical application of ergonomics in the workplace, from risk assessment to accident investigation
Ergonomic interventions are becoming critical in the workplace allowing for a safer working environment by promoting the use of practical tools to enhance workplace human factors.
Duration: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
On completion of the course delegates will:
- Be confident in how they can conduct a simple ergonomics survey
- Be armed with tools and techniques for evaluating the way people work
- Be able to apply ergonomics principles and assimilate these into prevailing policies and procedures
- Understand how to manage risks and realise the reasons that lead to the development of musculoskeletal injuries
- Work as part of an ergonomics improvement team which will safeguard better ergonomics throughout the workplace
- Be qualified as a VDU Assessor in office based work station assessments
Module 1: Principles of Ergonomics
Module 2: Human Capabilities Physical
Module 3: Human Capabilities Cognitive
Module 4: Human Capabilities Organisational
Module 5: Ergonomic Assessment Tools
Module 6: Ergonomic Assessment Tools
Module 7: Design Interventions for Industry Settings
Module 8: Design Interventions for Office Settings
Module 9: Implementing Improvement Programmes
Certified by LCE – Ireland’s recognised experts in the field of human factors and ergonomics.
Each participant will receive an LCE Certificate of completion awarded on successful completion of course.